Gmail is the most widely used email service in the world. It has been seen that most popular apps and websites allow you to create websites using only your Gmail account, and if your job requires you to communicate via email, Gmail plays a major role in it. So, facing a challenge like Gmail receiving but not sending emails can be quite frustrating. Several issues result in Gmail not sending emails, but they are all fixable.
If your Gmail won’t send emails, here’s what you should do.
Clean your Google storage space
Many of us are prone to stockpiling unnecessary messages and data. Then, you run the danger of no storage space if your inbox is overloaded with old emails.
To get some space, go to your inbox and eliminate large data files from your profile or Google Drive. You could also increase your storage plan if you need extra space to preserve your emails.
Take a follow-up that your files are not Transfering to Another Folder
Gmail features a built-in system for automatically sorting emails into separate folders. This implies that if you’re expecting an email from a new recipient, Gmail may transfer it to the spam folder.
Go to the Gmail left sidebar and select the Spam to open the Spam folder. Suppose you find the email you are looking for, then click on the option Report Not Spam or Move to Inbox.
Then, look at the All Mail option, which comprises all the mails. Also, you can check the Trash folder. There is a possibility that you could have deleted the mail accidentally. Including that, if you notice that several important emails are accumulated in several other folders, ensure that you don’t have a filter that blocks your emails accidentally.
- Go to Gmail’s desktop site; then, in the top-right corner, there will be a gear icon; click on it. After that, select the gear icon in the top-right corner and click See all settings.
- Choose the Filters and Blocked Addresses option to check all the Gmail filters.
- Go through the filters and click on the Delete option for the ones you want to eliminate.
Good Internet Connectivity
It may seem self-evident, but receiving emails needs good internet connectivity. Gmail will have problems receiving and processing emails. Also, it has been seen that the individuals have several issues with their Gmail accounts, then you can check your internet connectivity.
To check if your connection is slow, run a quick speed test on your phone or computer. If the issues persist, disconnect and reconnect to the internet. You may also need to reboot your internet router or try checking your email on a different device.
Double-check that your accounts are signed up correctly if you have an iPhone Mail app.
During the use of Gmail on your iPhone, you may encounter several problems. If you have the Mail app on your iPhone, ensure your Google account is set up and linked correctly.
- Firstly, go to the Settings sections and scroll down to the Mail
- Select the Account option and then click on the Add accounts
- Select the email provider you often use and sign into the registered account.
- After the sign-in process, your Gmail account will be connected to your iPhone’s Mail
It has been seen that after the signed-in process, the individual face several IMAP challenges, which result in the flow of data into and from your cellphone. If it’s turned off, there are a few simple ways to turn it back on.
PC Web Browser
- Go to Gmail; then, in the top-right corner, there will be a gear icon; click on it. After that, select the gear icon in the top-right corner and click See all settings.
- Click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP
- Go to IMAP Access and select Enable IMAP.
- Open the Safari application, go to the Gmail app and log in.
- Select the Go to Mobile Gmail Site and click on the URL at the bottom of the screen.
- In the bottom left corner, select the More
- Select View Gmail and then click on the Desktop
- Select the Settings option and then the Forwarding and POP/IMAP
- Click on the IMAP Access and select the Enable IMAP
After following those steps, even if you face the same issue again. Then you can look for help from the Gmail support team. Also, there are several email service providers in the online market; you can connect with them for technical support. And, if you require instant help, our expert team is available 24*7 to assist you.
Read more How to Fix your Outgoing Mail Server?